Monday, August 25, 2008

You can pick your friends....

So i went and got a hair cut today (just a little off the top and even less in the back near my neck), and had the woman who runs the shop try some coloring in my hair. Neither of us knew what to expect because i already had chemicals in my hair from getting it straightened a while back...so we were surprised to see that it retained color and only became slightly more frail (tho i can comb through it and pull out it without worrying completely about it falling out or breaking off).


My first thought was to not do anything too extreme, just a little coloring. Marilyn (not sure how to spell her name....so lets go with this) said to start by just making it lighter - so we did and it worked....but it blended in too much with my skin color and hair.

So she asked me if i wanted to add some bleach to it and get some actual color (at the expense of adding harsher chemicals and risk damaging my hair). So i said yeah, and got some visible blond streaks. Of course once my hair was all poofed out after being washed they weren't all that visible (they looked like little pig tails showing in bushes cuz my hair was a little curly).

So now that i know how much my hair can handle as far as coloring and straightening, i've just gotta figure out what i want to do with it and go in one afternoon...can't wait for those pics and people's thoughts.

It was kinda odd when Marilyn was washing my hair - usually when she does it its after getting it straightened, so i imagine she's gentle because she doesn't want to do anything to damage my hair. But today she was working the shampoo in with the tips of her fingers (not really her nails because they were so short...but enough for me to feel it). I have to say it was a first...i've never had someone scratch my head before - i've picked my friend's nose before (luckily for me it was clean at the time) but i've never had someone do something like that to me before...i feel so dirty (hehehehehe).

I'll cover work tomorrow - including a hilarious story abuot how McKay broke (or injured) his tail bone...you'll love it - i know i did.

Song of the Day:
Glenn Lewis - Fall Again

No comments: